Boldly Building the Future:
Gold, Diamonds, and Jewelry in a Transformational Age
IAC’s 12th Annual Gold + Diamond Conference
July 18 – 20, 2022
Bohemian National Hall
321 E 73rd St, New York, NY
Join Initiatives in Art and Culture for a deep dive into critical issues in responsible practice, sustainability, luxury, and artisanry at the 2022 Gold + Diamond Conference, July 18 – 20, 2022 in New York City.
We face, on the one hand, imperatives articulated in the UN SDGs and in the outcomes of COP 26. And on the other, an ever-present and evolving need to preserve the magic, romance, and emotional power of gold, diamonds, and jewelry.
This tension is the focus of the 2022 Gold + Diamond Conference.
Through podium presentations, panel discussions, and conversations we explore the following:
- Climate change and planning for the future
- Responsible sourcing and best practices at the interface of LSM and ASM
- Defining luxury in an age of responsible practice
- Artistry, vision, and practice in contemporary jewelry
- Training jewelers and goldsmiths for the future
- Succession planning and ensuring the future in the jewelry and precious metals sector
- Comparative approaches to achieving better outcomes in ASM
The Conference kicks off on July 18 with an evening event honoring women of accomplishment in the jewelry industry to take place at CADAR , the New York City-based fine jewelry line designed by Michal Kadar. During the Conference, IAC will again present two major awards: the Award for Leadership in Responsible Practice and the Award for Outstanding Contributions to the Diamond and Jewelry Industries. Prior recipients of the Award for Leadership have included Toby Pomeroy (Mercury Free Mining), Feriel Zerouki (DeBeers Group), Anisa Costa (Tiffany & Co. and the Tiffany & Co. Foundation), Robert Weldon (GIA), and Cristina Villegas (Pact). In 2021, the inaugural recipient of the Outstanding Contributions Award was World Diamond Council President Edward Asscher.